Putting in Plate w/finished case/Hazen's question

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:06:09 -0800

Hazen,
There are several aids for this job. Pipe insulation on the rim will "guard"
the finish there. Cardboard moulded over the rim is another safeguard. An
assistant is a must; helps to align things. Go Slow!
There are two things I use for attaching the plate to the winch/block &
tackle, etc.,: "Slings" and moving straps. It takes some practice to get the
balance points right. Often times, tying and untying several times before
the balance is achieved. The "slings" are sometimes easier, but often are
too thick and a strap is needed. One final thing: I've seen "Load Leveler"
devices that look like they would help, but as yet I haven't purchased one.
(on my want list!)
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)