Piano salesperson April Fools Joke

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:23:18 -0800

I sent this message to the list last night but it never showed up on the
list.  ??

Do you know a piano salesperson who is in desperate need of an April
Fools gag?    This was first used a few years ago here and it worked
great.  I look forward to using it again on a new guy this year.

Here's the gag.  Call the salesperson and tell them that you spoke with
a co-worker of one of your clients, someone who you have never met
before.  You have only spoken with this person on the phone.  They want
to buy a piano immediately.  You have recommended that they consider
Brand XXX,  Model XXX.  Inform the salesperson that they are to call
this person at work and that they are expecting the call right away.

There is only one problem...  you can't remember the buyers first name.
You CAN however remember their last name.  The name is "Behr",
(pronounced "Bear").  They are to call the number that you provide them
and they are to ask to speak with "Mr. Behr".

Now for the fun part... the number that you give them is for your local
city zoo!

Last time this went over great.  The operator caught on immediately and
played along for five minutes!!!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

P.S. When the joke is over you can tell them that you remembered the
first name.  It's "Harry".