You're never too good

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:59:57 EST

In a message dated 3/28/02 5:51:45 PM Central Standard Time,
oleg-i@wanadoo.fr writes:

> The only time I used water (and a very little wall paper remover) on grand
> damper felts, the water goes in the wood and leave ugly marks on the sides
> (and I did not even install them in Tepperware or a recipe, only soaked the
> felt, put the heads back on a tray and wait 30 min).

Isaac

That is why I would hesitate to use Roger's method. With the way I do it, the
wood doesn't sit in the water. Only the felts gets wet. But I would doubt
that with the kind of hardwood the damper heads are made of, that water will
soak in, to the point that it will stain the wood. I think that this might
have been a one time thing. Try it on your next set, and see if it does it
again.

Wim