You're never too good

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:33:38 +0000

Wim,  And I thought every one soaked them off.  <G>   Beat's all that
scraping, and no wood chips.   We use a couple of Tupper Ware containers,
pack the dampers in them, in order, then pour hot water over them so the
felt is completely covered.   Leave soak for a few hrs, then take them out,
peal off the felt and buff dry.  Most times they look almost factory new.

roger

At 12:56 PM 3/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/28/02 11:29:35 AM Central Standard Time, rrg@unlv.edu
>writes:
>

>> Why were you putting piano dampers in the bath tub?  You've got me lost on
>> this one.
>>
>> Rob Goodale, RPT
>> Las Vegas, NV
>>

>Rob
>
>I was wondering if someone would catch that. I could give a smart allec
>answer, like, the damper felts dry you the minute you get wet, and the small
>ones can get in all the small crevices. But that's too obvious.
>
>Richard Anderson gave me this tech tip. Use hot water to soak the dampers.
If
>you have a detachable shower head, you can spray them from the sides. By
>getting the felts wet, it dissolves the glue. Wait about an hour, and the
>felts fall off. This not only get the felts off easier, but it takes some of
>dirt off the heads.
>
>In my house back in Missouri, I had a slop sink in the basement, and I put a
>shower spray on the nozzle. But here in Alabama, I don't have a slop sink at
>the university, or at home. So I take the dampers home at night, give them a
>shower, and by the next morning, the felts fall off.
>
>Wim
>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\ReYou'r1.htm"

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.
Saskatoon/Regina.
Canada.