You're never too good

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:26:43 -0800

... to make them "more damp"? ("damp-er")?

|| ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || |||
jason kanter * piano tuning * piano teaching
bellevue, wa * 425 562 4127 * cell 425 831 1561
orcas island * 360 376 2799
|| ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || |||

From: Robert Goodale <rrg@unlv.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:11:33 -0800
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: You're never too good

Why were you putting piano dampers in the bath tub?  You've got me lost on
this one.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I advised Tommy Black to number the dampers, just in
case you drop them. Well, having removed hundreds of sets of dampers, I
thought I was "too good" to do that. After all, I haven't dropped a tray
full of damper for years.

You guessed it. Last night, as I was putting the tray in the bathtub, it
dropped out of my hands, and it tumbled over, spilling half the dampers on
the floor. It took me half an hour to put them back in order. And I am not
sure if I got them all in the right place. I won't find out until I put them
back in the piano.

I found out I am "not too good" to rest on my laurels.

Wim