You're never too good

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:56:07 EST

In a message dated 3/28/02 11:29:35 AM Central Standard Time, rrg@unlv.edu
writes:

> Why were you putting piano dampers in the bath tub?  You've got me lost on
> this one.
>
> Rob Goodale, RPT
> Las Vegas, NV

Rob

I was wondering if someone would catch that. I could give a smart allec
answer, like, the damper felts dry you the minute you get wet, and the small
ones can get in all the small crevices. But that's too obvious.

Richard Anderson gave me this tech tip. Use hot water to soak the dampers. If
you have a detachable shower head, you can spray them from the sides. By
getting the felts wet, it dissolves the glue. Wait about an hour, and the
felts fall off. This not only get the felts off easier, but it takes some of
dirt off the heads.

In my house back in Missouri, I had a slop sink in the basement, and I put a
shower spray on the nozzle. But here in Alabama, I don't have a slop sink at
the university, or at home. So I take the dampers home at night, give them a
shower, and by the next morning, the felts fall off.

Wim