Bay Area Pitches (was Re: Steinway 457cps pitch)

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:58:45 0000

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:41:01
 Bradley M. Snook wrote:

>By the way, why are so many pianos in the Bay Area tuned to 441-442? My wife recently did a recording in a studio that was tuned perfectly to 441. Since the tuning was very good, and the recording session was to start soon, I left it how it was. Although, neither one of us were comfortable with 441.
>

>Bradley M. Snook

I don't know.  I can only attribute it to the greater than average density in the Bay Area
of people who like to be different.

Phil F

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp