Muting high treble

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:46:36 -0600

Hi Ric,

The effect does exist. It is however small and inconsistant. Virgil Smith
talked about it for years and Dr. Coleman did measure this small but real
difference. It happens but only sometimes on some notes of some pianos.

To check it one needs to use a very soft blow, because otherwise as you
noticed the pitch can be both flat and sharp on a single blow.

At 01:00 AM 3/28/02 -0600, you wrote:

>| Not to mention that the cumulative affect of 3 unisions sounding has
>| tendency to sometimes create a different pitch than only one single
>string
>| of a unison being sounded.
>| Tom Servinsky,RPT
>
>I would like to see this  proven by blind tests, or by machines even.
>One machine
>I tired showed it going both sharp and flat from the same key strike.
>            --==ric
>
>ps is the "different pitch" sharper or flatter?

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.