Convention

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:33:45 -0500

Terry,

In the Convention Book, page 3, the policy reads, "Only Institute
registrants may attend classes.  Spouses and children of PTG members may
register to attend classes at the member rate.  Guides for visually impaired
registrants may attend classes at no charge."

This is done to limit the classes to those who are funding the program.  No
one else is supposed to be in classes which is the reason for wearing the
name badges.

Check with Sandy Roady at ptg@ptg.org about exhibit hall passes.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Director - TEAM2002
June 26-30, 2002 - Chicago, IL
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm
Assistant Directors: Gary Neie, RPT - Claude Harding, RPT - Joel Jones,
RPT - Laura Olsen, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 9:03 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Convention

I may be dense, but I am having quite a difficult time understanding this
auxillary policy - and I will be in Chicago with my wife and son.

I am a member of PTG - I will pay the member registration fee and be able to
attend educational classes at the conference (I understand that much).

My wife is not a member of piano anything, but she is a very good and
enthusiastic pianist. I'm sure there would be one or two classes she would
enjoy attending while hanging out at the hotel with me for a week. Is there
some opportunity for her to attend a class or two short of registering as a
non-member and paying the full non-member registration fee? I'm also sure
that she (and my 12-year-old son-Jr. pianist)) would enjoy touring the
vendors exhibit area once or twice. Is there some way they could walk
through there with me? Is there some level of registration ($$) they would
need to do to make this happen?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell