Cents to Hertz

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:47:55 -0700

Bradley:
    Approxiatemately four cents to one hertz. I'm sure that you're going =
to hear more, due to the fact that's it's logarmithic.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bradley M. Snook=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 1:50 PM
  Subject: Cents to Hertz

  Does anyone know how to calculate Hertz from cents? I am trying to =
work out
  some problems dealing with inharmonicity.

  I know the fundamental frequency, and I know how much the overtones =
differ
  (in cents). But how can I find the frequencies based on that =
information?

  Specifically what I would like is a formula. Can anyone help?

  Bradley M. Snook