Varying bridge height (was Re: Floating soundboard)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:52:47 -0600

>I agree that bridge pins are often longer than required for either their
>acoustical or mechanical requirements. I've not observed that the currently
>much-loved 25 mm pins perform any better than the shorter pins they often
>replace.
>
>Del

Points. They are easier to start, but harder to drive without bending. Many
years ago, the short ones had nice spherical ends. Now they're square cut
with the edges barely broken (tumbled?). It's harder to hit the hole, and I
go elsewhere mentally pretty quickly installing bridge pins and too often
do damage.  So why aren't supply houses selling those 19mm pins with nice
points.

Ron N