Volume Reducing Ideas?

MBailey911@AOL.COM MBailey911@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:56:27 EST

List -

I have an elderly customer who has his Baldwin grand at the nursing home with
him.  We've already added the acoustic foam baffles from Edwards String
Covers underneath the piano, which reduced the volume, but not enough to
satisfy the people who work there.  I'm hesitant to recommend adding the top
cover that they sell, since it doesn't appear from their test results that it
will reduce the volume significantly, and is somewhat costly.

The only thing that this guy loves in life right now is his piano - plays it
hours and hours each day.  Of course, as his hearing goes, he's probably also
playing it louder so that he can hear it.  Any ideas or suggestions that
would help him be able to continue playing without driving the workers crazy
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary Bailey