Steinway 457cps pitch

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:57:03 -0600

Rick,

At 12:11 03/27/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>"Bradley M. Snook" wrote:
>>Oh I am so sorry, I meant to say etymologically!
>Ok so lets plug that one in.... that gives us.
>
> > It is entomologically absurd, in that it is not reasonable to have a
> > completely irrelevant set of pitch levels;
>
>So... let me see if I understand this.... you are saying we are sort of like a
>bunch of bees that for some reason have this need to buzz a bowl at some
>applicatory speed to ...... presumably keep from bumping into each other ??...

No, Herr Brekne, that describes Boolian motion, and the closest this could
be related musically is the pitch standard of an elementary school band.

>Grin... and this better ???  What does linquistics or linguistic history
>have to do with the absurdity of one pitch over any other?

Just as much as epistomology, or as this thread seems headed, epidemiology.
Or is it just weltanschuung(sp?)?

>  From humour to confusion... :)

Yup.

Perhaps 440Hz is the MSRP (musically suggested reasonable pitch) [YMMV]

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

College: The place where you have three options--to sleep, to study, or to
party - but only get to pick two per semester.