Steinway 457cps pitch

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:11:00 +0100

"Bradley M. Snook" wrote:

> Oh I am so sorry, I meant to say etymologically!
>
> Bradley

Ok so lets plug that one in.... that gives us.

     It is etymologically absurd, in that it is not reasonable to
     have a
     completely irrelevant set of pitch levels; ....... snip

Grin... and this better ???  What does linquistics or linguistic history
have to do with the absurdity of one pitch over any other ?

Etymology

1.The origin and historical development of a linguistic form as shown by
determining its basic elements, earliest
   known use, and changes in form and meaning, tracing its transmission
from one language to another, identifying its
   cognates in other languages, and reconstructing its ancestral form
where possible.
2.The branch of linguistics that deals with etymologies.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.