cellophane

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:51:41 -0600

>Keith,
>  I've had two calls for a noise sounding like cellophane to the
>customer.One was the dampers brushing the sostunuedo bar,and the other was
>the back of the keytops were coming unglued and making the noise as the
>key was depressed (in a grand).
>Hazen Bannister

Hazen, List,

Those two you mention are pretty neat ones.

There is one piano with one note that I never got the opportunity to find
the sympathetic vibration because the customer did not want to pursue the
search. I was just itching to get down to it to.

This piano has since been relocated out of my territory, so I'll never have
the chance to find out what it was.

Cheers,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician