Kawai worth

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:08:46 -0700

    $11K as is, $14K after I prepped it.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: A440A@AOL.COM=20
  To: caut@ptg.org ; pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 10:20 AM
  Subject: Kawai worth

  Greetings,=20
      I have just been asked to evaluate (for donation to a State =
University) a=20
  Kawi KG-2E. The piano has never been played, not a scratch on it, not =
a=20
  string mark on the hammers.  It is 10 years old and may as well be a =
new=20
  piano,(though the bass windings are not as bright as brand new =
copper).  It=20
  does need to be regualated and tuned.  =20
      Anybody care to throw out what the fair market value of this piano =
might=20
  be?  I don't know that the model is still made, so I don't think I can =
get a=20
  direct comparison. The dealer, of course, wants the figure to be as =
high as=20
  possible, (he mentioned $20,000) the IRS wants it to be as factual as=20
  possible (makes me think more like $12,000 tops). =20
     ???=20
  Thanks,=20
  Ed Foote RPT=20