New piano manuals

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:45:16 +0100

antares wrote:

> Well, as far as I know only a very few piano factories supply the customer
> with a 'folder' about how to take care of the newly purchased indtrument.
> Yamaha for instance has this manual accompanied by a key top cover, a
> polish, and a key.

Hmm.. my friend... we have a different experience here.. I've seen these
things from Zimmerman to Petrof, from Forster to Etude, from Bechstein to
Blowsendufer.... :)  But I have seldom seen them in the home.

> As Yamaha is about the only one to supply the customer with additional
> knowledge I reckon it is the task of the dealer and the technician to give
> the right information.

Yamaha had one of the prettiest I've seen thats for sure... nice graphics..
four languages.

> On the other hand, it has always been like this, so what's the big deal?

I dont really know what the big deal is one way or the other. Brochures never
get read anyways as far as I can tell. Most of those few I have seen with the
customer remain in the piano bench along with the sheet music thats too
difficult to play and that unused polishing cloth.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.