fixed virus

Owen J. Greyling RPT greyco@kingston.net
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:43:17 -0500

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies on the list,

I humbly ask your apologies for the virus of last evening. I'm extremely =
sorry if I have caused any of you grief. I did not actually send out any =
of the mail that so many of you received. The worm BADTRANS.B virus =
seems to have the capability to email everyone in the Contacts list of a =
computer that it infects.

When I downloaded my mail at just past 5:00pm Monday, 25, included was =
an email from Nick Gravagne that I was expecting concerning the action =
geometry program that he has advertised in the Journal. Just as I =
eagerly opened the first attatchment, it dawned on me that there was =
nothing in the body of the email message.  It was already to late. I got =
on the phone immediately and got the problem fixed by noon Tuesday. I =
kept Outlook Express closed till I was sure the problem was solved. I =
have tried to call Nick and let him know, but his message says he is =
away till the 28th. if anybody knows how to contact him before then, I'm =
sure that he would appreciate it.

I had just purchased a brand new system six weeks ago with Windows XP. =
Norton AntiVirus / Personal Firewall 2001 came with the computer.  My =
computer guru tells me this morning that Norton and Windows XP have a =
few issues with one another. Anyway I installed 'Inoculate It'' from =
Computer Associates, and then even had to download an upgrade from the =
net to get it to work. Anyway it's fixed and I can hopefully get back to =
piano work.

Once again, my sincere apologies,  Owen