Bandsaw Recommendation

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:33:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Terry,

I'm not sure if this will matter to you or not...

About 2 years ago, I rebuilt the belly of a 7'6"
Knabe with the curved/sloped pinblock.  I did not
put in plugs or sections of new pinblock
material, I made a completely new one which got
put back into the case in pretty much the same
way it came out.  (It was morticed into the
sides, glued, screwed and tatooed!)

Anyway, I needed a full 12 or 12 1/2 inches of
throat on the bandsaw to cut that thing out.
(Incidentally, the thing was HEAVY too!!  If I
remember, it was at least three inches thick,
maybe more.)

Granted, it's not the kind of thing that you
might do with every rebuild.  But I thought I'd
throw it out at ya for your consideration.

Good luck,

Brian T.

=====
Brian Trout