Muting high treble

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:05:45 +0100

Don,

Thanks for that thoughts. In fact I PR with unisons as you go (RCT habit) if
I have yet a tuning file for the piano. That is on a new instrument I never
tuned before that I am still reluctant to do that (with the VT and sampling
most of the piano before PR it may be OK).

But you confirm what I was suspecting too, I often do PR on concert pianos
(from 439-40 to 442 for example, and the pitch stays well where I want it to
be with the unisons as you go method. If I use the strip method, I often
found the 4 - 5 octave region goes flat too soon for my wishes.

I suspect that is because the settling is way different when tuning with the
strip, With unison as you go you can have the strings stables as stones in
your tuning, because you send a lot of energy in the bridge since the start.

Beside, I like the very fast pass I can do with the strip method, but may be
will use it for very out of tune pianos (25 cts and more) . We are lucky in
France, the climate is not terrible for the pianos, I have customers calling
me 4 years later (mostly my fault of course, education missing), and the
piano is 10 cts flat (professional pianist).

Regards.

Isaac