Sohmer

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:15:59 EST

In a message dated 3/21/2002 12:19:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,=20
nhunt@optonline.net writes:

> Subj:Re: Sohmer=20
> Date:3/21/2002 12:19:05 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF=3D"mailto:nhunt@optonline.net">nhunt@optonline.net</A>
> To:<A HREF=3D"mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet=20
>=20
> Hi Newton

      The problem I have with the first method is that it doesn't take into=20
account the error that will be  read because of the almost always tapered  (=
=20
diaphramized) soundboard top. I.E. Masons,stwy and many others. It's possibl=
e=20
to get a positive reading even on a flat board.
       The string is of course, as you say, a better way but even then we ca=
n=20
only measure residual crown. Meaning what's left over after the crown has=20
been squashed down by new strings and there bearing force providing there is=
=20
any left to start with. Any way you go it can be a sticky wicket.