Band saw Recommendation

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:23:20 -0600

Terry,
Good 'ol J&J paste wax is terrific on saw and router tables of all sorts. I
also highly recommend either purchasing or transmogrifying (from a lesser
entity, or a pile of scrap and sweat) a set of ball bearing blade guides to
replace the OEM block sliders, cool or otherwise. Since the earth was
young, I was baffled by claims that one could successfully use a rip fence
with a bandsaw. "Bull dip!", said I. Using up a large portion of my
considerable stockpile of hard headed relentlessness trying to do this, I
finally concluded that everyone who claimed it to be possible was either on
drugs, or high level political office material. Fine Woodworking be damned
- it just wasn't possible. When I finally wised up and built a set of
decent bearing guides for my Crapsman BS, I saw [sic] the light. Like Lewis
said to Clark, "Anything is possible with the right guide". So whatever saw
you buy - at the very least, spring for the bearing guides.

You won't regret it.

Ron N