Stretch: was "Bloom"

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:29:56 +0100

Bloom = unison tuning & good voicing on a lively piano.

I like the vowel idea from Stephen Birkett, that is how it can be hear and
modeled.

The Yamaha instructors tells us to obtain the note saying "Oh" while tuning
a doublet.

Depending of the quality of your unison it can be Ah, Eh, I etc, Oh is a
more rounder and richer sound.

An zingling and klanking pianos, much more difficult to hear of course.

This is the bloom you refer IMHO.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG