Stripping Steinway Ebonized finish

gutlo gutlo@bestweb.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:25:52 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julio Barea" <pianoelf@lycos.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 1:35 PM
Subject: Stripping Steinway Ebonized finish

> I have an 1894 Steinway upright that has the ebonized finish on it. I and
going to do a complete refinish on it and am trying to remove the old
finish.
> Every stripper I have tried is ineffective on this compound. Any ideas how
to get it off, other than sanding it and then stripping it

> Piano Elf Services
> Atlanta, Georgia
>

> 2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
> http://my.lycos.com

Easy.  Use Dyna 2 paint remover.  Put on one thick layer, wait around an
hour or 2, then take it off with a spatula.

Dyna 2 is non-methylene chloride and is virtually odorless.

Call StarHawk Labs at 845-855-0996 to purchase Dyna 2.

Arthur Grudko