refinishing-stripping

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:16:15 EST

In a message dated Wed, 20 Mar 2002  8:05:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, bases-loaded@juno.com writes:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:52:19 -0500 "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
> writes:
> > Don't mean to step on any toes here Mark, but I have found that Bondo
> and similar polyester resin fillers commonly available from auto > supply
> stores do not work very well. There can be adhesion problems, > shrinking
> and cracking.
>
> Toes not affected, Terry, but I am surprised to hear of your experiences.
>  I have never had any problems whatsoever with any shrinking, cracking,
> or adhesion problems.  I don't use bondo very much, but I know countless
> finishers who do, and have not received any reports similar to yours.
>
> There are many ways to fill a hole....
>
> Mark Potter
> bases-loaded@juno.com

I have not been affected by any of these problems either except some minor but consistant shrinkage which is easily compensated for.  I have been working with "Bondo" for 20 plus years. What I especially like is the availability and low cost of these products and they are extremely workable.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW