refinishing-stripping

Wilsons wilson53@Marshall.edu
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:29:09 -0500

I could also recommend using the stuff Webb Phillips sells called Wood
Rebuilder or something like that.  You can add dye to it, and maybe you
could add dye to the epoxy, though I've never tried it with the epoxy.
Since this piano's going to be ebonized, it might help to get the ebony
color in the filler.

Wally Wilson, RPT

At 06:52 AM 3/20/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Don't mean to step on any toes here Mark, but I have found that Bondo and
similar polyester resin fillers commonly available from auto supply stores
do not work very well. There can be adhesion problems, shrinking and
cracking. I highly recommend West System epoxy resin and hardener with an
appropriate fairing filler.