refinishing plate

Jon Page jonpage2001@attbi.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:13:53 -0500

I prefer to mix the bronze powder in a separate container with the lacquer
then pour it through a filter cone.
Then pour thinner through the cone.  Use a retarder to slow the drying
process so the finish will flow out well
and not be grainy or orange peel.  The clear topcoat should have a lot of
thinner and retarder to really get a smooth finish.
It takes longer to dry but worth the wait.  Don't rub out.

For lettering, I use a black waterbased acrylic (PianoLac). Black lacquer
is not forgiving in the event of a mistake.

Jon Page