refinishing-stripping

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:11:09 EST

Hazen:
I've been using bondo type products ,the same they put on cars, on all my
black pianos and on all black pianos I have found that black lacquer by
Dupoint, the same they spray on cars works wonderfully well . In fact this
lacquer can be sprayed over existing black lacquer without the fear of
cracking. I'm sure there are some who will frown on this procedure but so far
it has worked for over 25 years. Black lacquer.....only Dupoint. They also
have a flattening agent to reduce the gloss if desired. Forbees Piano Company
refinisher, Birmingham, Ala.,  who had been doing it longer than I had been
alive taught me this. This little trick works.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.