Phillip Glass

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:32:15 -0700

This was on "Yahoo's Picks of the Week" and I thought some people may find
this interesting.

IBM Glass Engine

         http://www.philipglass.com/glassengine/

Minimalist composer Philip Glass inspired the brilliant minds at
IBM to create this labor of love. The beautifully designed Glass
Engine allows users to immerse themselves in the composer's work.
Use an innovative Java application to select music by title, year,
type of work, or length. If that doesn't grab you, sort tunes based
on subjective emotions such as joy and sorrow. Lighting the way is
an elegant system of sliding bars. Navigation can be a little tricky
-- we recommend reading the instructions. Once you've mastered the
controls, a full sonic exploration awaits.

                 John