Unglued Hammerheads

Paul Plumb plumb@execulink.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:20:47 -0500

I have been asked to reglue hammerheads that have come loose from the =
molding (not the shanks) because of heat in a fire.  I would like to =
know the best kind of glue to use if not hide glue and best way to clamp =
them.  Any other information that may be helpful would be appreciated.  =
The piano is about 30 years old and there does not appear to be any =
other problems except rust formation on the pins and strings.  I realize =
that some of the other hammers may become loose in the future and have =
warned the client.

Thanks,

Paul Plumb
Plumb Pianos