Fees

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:35:33 EST

In a message dated 3/15/2002 7:48:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> Subj:Re: Fees
> Date:3/15/2002 7:48:45 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:davidlovepianos@earthlink.net">davidlovepianos@earthlink.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>            David

         Excellent post and well thought out. I came to similar conclusions
some time ago precipitated by what it cost me to leave the shop where I spend
most of my time. If the shop rate is $60.00 per hour byt the time I leave
perform the service and return to the shop or go to the next appointment
usually 2 hr. or more are consumed. In that time I can remedy the tuning and
minor stuff as you mention and find it easier to assess other needs as I'm
getting aquatinted with the piano and then recommend a follow up if they
wish.
     Also consider what other in home service people charge for a typical
service call. It's almost always at least a hundred bucks. Have your
fireplace cleaned or the sink unclogged or whatever. Are we worth less?