Computers gaining ever bigger role in making music

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:52:57 EST

In a message dated 3/16/02 3:36:41 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Billbrpt@AOL.COM
writes:

> What will they think of next?  Gee, I always thought it required music
> lessons, the study and understanding of music in order to create it.  But
> according to this article, soon, anyone will just be able to sit down at
> the computer and out it will come, no prior experience necessary, even
> "teens and old people" (sic) will be able to, so they say.
>
> Bill Bremmer RPT

Bill

I think you're trying to find fault where is none. The article points out
that even with the advanced hardware and software, there is still a lot of
sophistication needed in order to make and produce music. What the software
is enabling more musicians to do is produce music with fewer mistakes, and
improve on what they already know. No where do I see anything that says non
musicians are going to be able to make music, just because they own a
computer, which is what the "do it yourself" piano tuning kit is implying.

Wim