Fees

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:22:41 -0800

Don't take me quite so literally.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: March 15, 2002 8:11 PM
  Subject: Re: Fees

  In a message dated 3/16/02 3:27:00 AM !!!First Boot!!!, =
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:=20

    Oh I don't know, it all sounds a little vague to me.=20

    Yes, to me too...=20

    Sound familiar?  Charging by the hour is easier and fairer.=20

  David=20

  As I said, as long as you live with the new fee schedule, go for it.=20

  But if you made the decision based on the above conversation, then you =
need to reassess, because even at a fee of 1.5 your former rate, you're =
not going to be able to cover all those repairs. You'll find the same =
thing happening. It will go something like this:=20

  How much do you charge?=20
  $90.00=20

  What do you do for that fee?=20
  I tune, and make minor adjustments and repairs.=20

  Well, what if keys are sticking, the pedal makes noise, and it sounds =
funny. Do you charge more?=20
  Well, yes, but I will have to wait and see what the problem is.=20

  You'll do some of the repairs, but not others for that fee. That =
sounds to confusing to me. Bye.=20

  As I said, David, if you can live with that fee, and feel you're =
giving the customer good service, then by all mean. But don't think it =
is going solve the problem you described.=20

  Wim=20