Bluthner soundboard

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:06:18 -0800 (PST)

I saw one at the California convention last month.  it
was in the highest part of the treble to the right of
the farthest plate strut.  There is a groove for each
note (for the one extra string) cut into the capo bar
to put the string above the hammer striking line, so
it rings sympathetically, supposedly enhancing the
tone.  I couldn't say that I was all that impressed
with it, however.  I would like to see a
four-string-per-note (in the high treble) piano in
which all four strings are struck by the hammer.