Baldwin?

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:29:54 -0600

Paul,
At 07:43 03/15/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>   The serial # 55210 indicates
>it's manufacturing date circa 1927, under the Baldwin listing.  There is a
>date stamped on the belly rail behind the damper action of March 23, 1928.
>Under other brand names owned by Baldwin, the serial number dates it circa
>1909.  The knuckle is the style that was formed around a moulding cut into
>the shank,

That's the old "pear" knuckle which would be consistent with that vintage
Baldwin.  I've got a "C" of that vintage here, but I've replaced the pear
knuckle shanks with the new style. I think I used Baldwin "old" style shanks.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)