Bluthner soundboard

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:25:19 -0500

Ron,

>The soundboard had been replaced, but
>it was glued and screwed on top of the old soundboard.
Is that a standard rebuilding technique?

No, this is not standard.  That's the most bizarre thing I have ever
heard.  I can only imagine this thing sounds horrible!

>The piano is
>so far out of regulation and let-off is much to far
>away from the strings to give a very strong tone.
>  Has the string height been effected by the stacked
>soundboards? Or do I go ahead and regulate it, and
hope for the best?

Absolutely not.  This piano has been butchered and if you do anything
except a complete (and correct) rebuild you will find yourself on the
list of defendants in the inevitable lawsuit.

Is this for real?  It's fifteen days early for April fools day!
Unless they paid almost nothing for this piano, they were ripped off
in a big way.

chris
--
-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.