Password-B-Gone (off topic)

Jon Page jonpage2001@attbi.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:36:55 -0500

At 05:18 AM 3/15/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Rob,
>
>At 23:14 03/14/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>
>><<OFF TOPIC>>
>>   Some computers have a password at start up, (before windows
>> boots).  Of course I have no way of knowing what the passwords are so I
>> am stuck.  My question is:  Does anyone know how to purge a BIOS
>> password?  I know I could temporarily remove the bios battery but that
>> would also delete all the other BIOS data.
>>
>>Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.
>

>Have you tried contacting the computer dept of the univ and asked to trace
>the serial #/former user?

Reformat the edrive to clear it and install a new OS.

The memory in the 'bad' computers can be used to bolster the others and
possibly the hard drives as backups or extra storage.
The cases can be used for installing new components for those so inclined.
A computer class at a local High School or Tech
School may use them for instructional purposes.

Just goes to show ya... I don't even have a college education and I'm
smarter than the administration.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.