Definitions Please ...

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:31:19 -0500

Hi Everyone!

(Forgive me for hitting the "delete" button a little too quickly, so I =
don't have a record of the original posts ........)

Are we as a group prone to using the term "torque" when we are referring =
to "torsion?"  My understanding is as follows:

Torque =3D the tightness of the tuning pin in the pinblock, as measured =
by the torquewrench in inch-pounds

Torsion =3D the amount a twist possible as determined by the flexibility =
of the material involved, what we try to neutralize by "setting the =
pin."

Comments please?

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI