Still bored? More piano stupid here:

Gary Bruce Gary.Bruce@oc.edu
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:05:13 -0600

I had (have) in the back recesses of my imagination the thought of
taking an old piano, upright or grand, that truly needs to be destroyed
and making 88 instruments, one note each using the action parts from
each note to somehow generate a midi signal to a central tone source
(preferably a sampled concert grand).  Then transcribe a Liszt or Chopin
or other piano piece for 88 performers.  Each performer has one note to
play, the note that would have corresponded to the key which they have
before them.  Kind of a handbell choir concept taken to an extreme.

Don't think I'll live long enough to have the spare time to construct
such a thing but it could probably be categorized as a stupid thing to
do.

Gary Bruce, RPT
Edmond, OK