Yamaha New Models

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:08:12 -0800

>From Terry
"Looking at the same situation from another angle, I service the Tampa, Florida area. McDill Air Force Base is in Tampa. Many of my clients are in the military. Several of them bought new Yamaha pianos when they were stationed in Japan. They have since moved the piano along with the rest of their family from Japan to Florida. Is Yamaha not going to sell me parts for these pianos?"
Terry Farrell
Tampa, Florida

My reply

We would be able to help the customer you described above, although we might have to order what you need from Japan.  If the piano was bought from the PX on the military base it is probably built to the super-dry spec.

Yamaha isn't trying to make it hard for customers who have bought their pianos overseas and then moved here, we just aren't prepared, able, or allowed to provide parts support for the huge number of what we call "gray-market" pianos brought into the US.

Mark Wisner
Piano Service
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com