Kellner Wohltemperirt/ Bach Temperament

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:14:10 -0600

Just a quick note to say that yesterday I spent 3 hours doing the best
tuning I could do on a Boston GP-178 grand.  The temperament I used was the
Kellner W/B, (using the numbers from Jason Kanter's charts).  I went back
this afternoon and spent 2 hours playing on the piano, and all I can say is
wow!  I love this tuning!  It is stunning!

When I tune my home piano next, I am going to use this temperament.  I
could spend hours playing and just listening to the sounds I never heard
before.  The piano seemed to have a lot more sustain and singing
quality.  And of course, the wide variety of color in the various keys.

Why isn't this tuning promoted more?  And how can I promote this tuning more?

And big thanks to Jason Kanter for the charts!

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO