Flat rollers

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:11:53 -0800

Hmmmmm, amateur night.  Okay, fair enough.

The "rollers" are called "knuckles", and yes they supposed to be round.
 There is a popular remedial repair that I have recently become a big
fan of, that being to weave yarn into the core felt to bolster it up and
make it round again, (or at least somewhat round).  You can lightly sand
the leather to remove much of the grooving. Regulation will be required.
 That of course is another subject.  I'm sure many members of this list
are just dying to hop in and continue this discussion.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV