Chickering quarter grands

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:18:14 EST

Larry:
I restored a Chickering "Fishtail" grand ...late 1800's a few years ago. The
damper set up sounds the same as your piano and the dampers are alway twisted
or not in line with the strings. I did not glue them because on this piano
the number of twist on the damper head helps set the height of the damper.
Therefore, I just keep realigning them each tuning. If you have a better
idea, please let me know. This piano is a "C" scale and sounds really
good...rich bass and nice clean, clear treble...rosewood cabinet....about 6'
4".

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.