Yamaha New Models

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:36:36 -0800

"Mark, I don't mean to question what you've said, but do we now have to tell one of our customers who just moved here from Britain and had their 5 year old Yamaha C3 shipped along with their household belongings to expect service issues because the piano they bought piano cannot "withstand" our climate? "

I think that a C3 bought new in England and moved to Australia will react more than a C3 bought new in Australia.   What the reaction might be varies.  It might be something as minor as key bushings that need to be "tightened", or flanges that need to be re-pinned to something more major such as loose tuning pins or veneer problems.

If this is the case, why not ensure the highest quality for your customer,
especially those who have the possibility to move, and build all of your
pianos with the ability to "withstand" all climates?

I wish we did.  I suspect the answer is both performance and cost.

"Also, The entire USA is rated as super dry?  What about the states that tend to be
extremely humid?   Do Florida, Washington and Maine all get the same rating at Utah?"

Yes.  Remember it's not the average humidity the pianos are made for but the lowest it's likely to get.  And folks that live in damp places run heaters and air conditioners, both of which dry the air.

Mark Wisner
Piano Service
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com