Yamaha New Models

MoodyPiano@AOL.COM MoodyPiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:50:19 EST

Mark, I just had a few questions...one was a question from another email that
I don't believe got a full explanation.

In a message dated 03/13/2002 1:43:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
MWisner@yamaha.com writes:

> The pianos Yamaha are making in Indonesia are made to the "super dry"
> specification as all the pianos being made there by Yamaha are being
> shipped to areas designated as "super dry".  (The USA).  When Indonesia
> starts making pianos for Europe, for example, they will make them
> differently.

Also caute@optusnet.com.au wrote

Will Yamaha sell me a piano for Alice Springs Australia (current temp 42C
humidity 5%) and then change it over when I move to Darwin Australia
(current temp 33C humidity 85%).

Mark I don't mean to question what you've said, but do we now have to tell
one of our customers who just moved here from Britain and had their 5 year
old Yamaha C3 shipped along with their household belongings to expect service
issues because the piano they bought piano cannot "withstand" our climate?
If this is the case, why not ensure the highest quality for your customer,
especially those who have the possibility to move, and build all of your
pianos with the ability to "withstand" all climates?

Also,

> Yamaha are being shipped to areas designated as "super dry".  (The USA).

The entire USA is rated as super dry?  What about the states that tend to be
extremely humid?
 Do Florida, Washington and Maine all get the same rating at Utah?

Thank you for your time to answer these questions.

~Lanie