Safe Travel

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:51:10 -0500

First, don't take anything as carry on other than soft stuff like
clothes, sweaters, etc.

I threw my shaving case in my carry on and it has a cheap $.79
corkscrew.  They took it away from me.

Use a stiff suitcase or a semi stiff one.  Pack your tools carefully, in
separate bundles and pack it so it can be easily inspected and repacked
easily.  At the counter tell the ticket agent what you have in the
case.  Some airlines, like El Al and British Air will x-ray the baggage
before it goes on the plane.  Insure your bag if you wish.  I did going
down to CHile but not coming back.  Going down because I would have had
to come home, get more tools and then go back down again.

Take your passport and/or driver's license and business cards for
identification.  Do not screw around at the security entrance.  Do what
you are asked to cheerfully.  THese people are not funny people so don't
make stupid jokes.  DO NOT TAKE A POCKET KNIFE or nail file or nail
clippers with you.  Empty all you metal into the tray and it goes
through the x-ray machine as well.

		Newton