number them dampers was Re: pinblock drilling----completed

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:03:08 -0600

> Wait !!@#$%  number 43 is missing!  After much searching and
>more re-counting than a Florida election we find that  the guide rail has 67
>holes, and the highest damper is numbered 68, and we have 67 dampers. - -
>the factory number guy had skipped a number.

I wonder if the next higher serial number piano at his station had #44
missing. Taking the next one up from each set, he was 2/3 of the way to a
full set of dampers at that point. Check the numbering on the hammers and
wippens too. He might have been building one in his apartment one piece at
a time.

Now THAT'S gray market.

Ron N