more beginner questions

Gerald Posey poseyviolins@charter.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:53:39 -0600

I'm working on regulating the action of a Heintzman baby grand.  All my
reference drawings show two separate springs for the jack and escapement
lever but this piano has only one that seems to do both jobs.  There is a
little tiny screw at the end of the escapement lever(away from the roller).
What does it do?  I made all of the measurements for key leveling and dip,
hammer travel and "where the jack trips".  But the touch feels "vague" like
theres no power.  When they say , "the jack trips" do they mean it begins to
move or it is all the way out of the way?
Thanks
Gerald