drilling new pinblock/quick help

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 19:39:09 -0500

The angle of drilling is 90 degrees to the string when it leaves the pin
with the bottom coil 1/8" above the plate.

If the angle is too great the coil will not tighten up and if it is not
great enough the coils will want to overlap each other.

Put a square on the plate so the far end rests on the bearing bar and
the near end is resting on a 1/8" piece of something.  The angle you see
is the angle of bore.  When finished stringing make sure the coils are
tight and 1/8" off the plate.

		Newton