Tax code #

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 12:21:51 -0800

>On the tax form my accountant gave me, he has put down 811490.
>
>Wim

I also have always used 811490, "other personal and household goods
repair and maintenance." It's not a perfect fit, but it seemed
better than the others.

By the way, is everyone aware of the "standard meal allowance"
for Schedule C, line 24b? Publication 463, page 5 and 6. They
offer a generous amount, usually far more than I pay for food,
and I don't have to keep receipts from restaurants. Different
localities have different rates. This standard rate applies
when one is away from home at least overnight for business. Since
I often stay overnight on the coast while tuning, and sometimes
I stay for three or four days during festivals, this deduction
allows me to write several hundred dollars off my income. The
days of home departure and arrival have to be prorated. Days
spent completely away from home pay more.

Susan Kline